Monday, 27 January 2014

My Favourite Cleansers



The first cleansing milk I fell in love with was the Avène Extremely Gentle Cleanser. From first use around a year and a half ago, this has been my staple makeup remover. Gone were the Simple wipes and in were the cotton pads doused in milk, of the cleanser sort. It's primary use is removing makeup, but it is often used for a quick cleanse in the mornings. This cleanser removes any makeup and dirt really well. I use this to remove the majority of my makeup and then follow up with another cleanser. The cleansing milk is very gentle, especially on the eye area, and is well-suited to the more sensitive skin type. It can leave my skin feeling taut if I don't follow with a splash of water, but it does leave a fresh feeling to the skin.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is another cleansing milk that I decided to try after reading Megan's post, about it helping with her spots. Admittedly I picked up the wrong skin type, dry or sensitive skin, but I have been enjoying using it nonetheless. I use this cleanser to wash my face in the mornings. A little of this product goes a long way. It helps to keep my skin free of impurities, and much like the Avène cleanser, it is very gentle. I have quite sensitive skin, and it doesn't aggrivate my skin nor the eye area, which is always a good sign. It is also effective at removing any leftover makeup from the night before (ew).

My one and only, tried and tested, cleansing balm, the Emma Hardie amazing face long name cleansing balm. I'm sure you've heard about this well-spoken about product somewhere along the line. This balm set me back a pretty penny or two, but I am glad I took the plunge. The balm has a soft jelly like texture, slightly thicker than Vaseline, that melts into the skin. I began using this by applying it directly onto the skin, but it works better mixed with a little warm water. I smooth it onto my skin using my fingertips, massaging it into the skin in circular motions, focusing on one area at a time, and removing with a warm, damp flannel. I use this only at night, after removing my makeup with the Avène cleanser. I really like the smell of the balm, it leaves my skin feeling very fresh, like I have had a deep clean!  
 
What are your favourite, or current cleanser?

2 comments: