Tuesday, 28 May 2013

The Natural Look - "Makeup only enhances the beauty that's alreadythere"

More recently I have been opting for more natural makeup, often even daring to go bare. This has partly been due to having a bout of terribly dry and flaky skin, all thanks to a gel spot treatment. We all know how nice it is to give your skin some room to breathe and in return, are thankful for the results. 
The products are kept to a minimum, but there are a couple that I look to when going au naturelle. 

I begin by applying Collection's (2000) Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer, in natural 2, in a V shape under my eyes. I find this helps to lighten the undereye area by highlighting and making it look brighter. I also use this lightly on my cheekbones to give a subtle highlight. If a little more coverage is needed, I follow up with Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer in fair 1. I make three small dots under my eyes, swipe around either side of my nose, dot a little on my cheeks to disguise redness and wherever else I need some coverage. 

Using my ring finger, I apply the Maybelline Colour 24hr Tattoo in Eternal Gold onto my lids in a patting motion. This cream shadow adds a nice gold sheen with a little shimmer. The eyes are polished with two coatings of Revlon's Photoready 3D Volume mascara. This mascara is perfect for natural, everyday use as it seperates the lashes nicely and adds a slight curl, discarding the need to use eyelash curlers. 

To complete the natural look, I often apply a small amount of cream blush towards the outer side of my cheeks. I find applying the blusher to this area to be slightly more flattering than the apples. I also use my ring finger to apply the blush by dotting and softly blending. I like to use Dainty Doll cream blush in Orange Country girl for a pink flush with a gold tinged sheen. If I want a bit more colour then I go for Max Factor cream blush in Soft Murano. This is a gorgeous deeper pink colour with a hint of burgundy, which you only need a small amount of. 

I only use one brush for this look and that is the Real Techniques contour brush. This brush blends effortlessly and fits perfectly under the eye. I only use it for concealer and to blend out the edges of the blusher so there aren't any harsh lines.


Do you embrace the natural look? Which products are on your natural agenda?

Hannah ox

7 comments:

  1. ah really great review! i don't wear makeup, i think i look horrible with it haha but i sometimes use skinfood foundation to cover up spots and all
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you don't! You look lovely without it though, you have really good skin :) x

      Delete
  2. you're such a fashion genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your share! I started to wear make up since last year and still not very familiar with the whole routine thing. This share is really helpful!

    http://www.whiteboardkid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always find it best to start with the basics when it comes to makeup. Youtube tutorials are where I pick up lots of tips and tricks :) x

      Delete
  4. Great choices! My Real Techniques brushes are my babies!
    I've followed you and would love it if you checked out my blog :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) ah I know that feeling! x

      Delete