Sunday, 10 February 2013

How To Style: Crop Tops












**I would just like to point out that the title of this post is not my opinion. I came across it on a thread on The Student Room when researching.

† The colours of this New Look floral crop are amazing. It’s perfect to add to your spring wardrobe ready for summer. I think it would look lovely in spring with a chunky cardigan and high waisted jeans, maybe peeking through a fine knit, a loose knitted jumper or a sheer top. 

♥ I don’t know what it is about this tie dye top from Missguided but I just really like it. I think the colours are understated so the top is still quite modest and the simple round neck and long sleeves make the top more wearable.

□ I cannot really pinpoint what I like so much about this crop; I think it is due to the repeated logo design on the top. I usually dislike clothing with the design logo printed on but this Boy London via Romwe top is simplistic and minimal. 

■ Fringing… Summer… Festivals… match made in heaven? Whenever I think of festivals, I see fringed tops and denim shorts, sunglasses, a small trilby and… dry shampoo. I also think this ASOS crop would look cool for a gig or a chilled night out with the girlies.

♣ You may or may not know that velvet and I have a little thing going on. The colour of this little number is stunning; an amazing electric blue. I can imagine this beauty paired with a touch of leather or some equally amazing printed trousers. As expected from American Apparel, it comes with a hefty price tag… I’m sure I could justify it though!


What are your opinions on crop tops? How would you style them?

Hope you've had a lovely weekend...
Hannah ox


6 comments:

  1. I love he by London crop top. I would only wear one with a high waisted skirt/shorts etc as I don't really like having my stomach out
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same, high waisted all the way! xx

      Delete
  2. Im not really a fan of crop tops but i really like the tie dye one :)

    http://woodenwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're like a 'marmite' item of clothing, I never really liked them before.
      Thank you for your comment Hollie :) x

      Delete
  3. Crop tops have always been a little bit daring for me but the ASOS one looks lovely.

    http://monochromecool.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel exactly the same! I always go high-waisted when wearing anything cropped so the minimal amount of skin is shown :) x

      Delete